Hey beauties! I’m sorry I haven’t written lately, I’ve been on vacation and my schedule has been crazy. BUT I’m back with some exciting news – the lovely authors of Womanseekingmakeup and Shadow & Sugar have nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’m so honored and excited to be nominated – thanks ladies!
The rules of the award:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions asked by the nominator
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees
5. Notify all nominees on their blogs and/or social media
My questions from Womanseekingmakeup
1. What is your favorite new (or new to you) product?
Philosophy’s “Take a Deep Breath” moisturizer. I just started using it about a week ago and I’m obsessed. It gives the perfect amount of hydration without making my skin greasy.
2. Best makeup tip you ever received?
That blending is everything!
3. What is your current skincare routine?
Morning – Oxy 10% benzoyl peroxide face wash followed by the “Take a Deep Breath” moisturizer
Night – Oxy 10% followed by CeraVe PM moisturizer. After that sinks in, I use Tretinoin cream from my dermatologist to keep acne away.
4. What is one thing you do to keep healthy?
I pretty much don’t drink anything but water. Also, when the weather is nicer, I usually go for a run every day after work. (I haven’t gotten myself to go to the gym – well – ever.)
5. Favorite quote or life perspective?
“The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.”
6. What is one blog related pet peeve you have?
I don’t like the WordPress app for the iPhone, I think it’s set up in an odd way.
7. What is one fun or interesting fact about yourself?
I’m 22 years old but I’m still afraid of the dark when I’m alone. My imagination runs wild and I freak out – ridiculous, I know!
8. Any goals you are working on or have for this year?
A million! But one of the main ones is removing toxic people and situations from my life.
9. What’s your favorite recipe to share (and share it!)?
The most delicious Taco Dip:
Get a tub of sour cream and a package of cream cheese – mix equal parts of both together in a bowl until smooth. Place a layer (about an inch deep) of the mixture at the bottom of an oven-safe container or pan. Layer your favorite salsa on top, followed by shredded cheese. Bake it at 350 degrees until the cheese melts. Eat it with tortilla chips of course!
10. What’s the most interesting thing you’ve heard recently?
That Lady Gaga is going to star in the next season of American Horror Story!
11. Favorite movie?
It’s always been “My Best Friend’s Wedding.” I just love Julia Roberts too much for words.
My questions from Shadow & Sugar
1. What is one thing you wish you were more motivated to do?
Eat better! I love fruits and veggies and all that, but when I see chocolate or an ice cream cone…it’s all over.
2. What is the last book you read?
3. What is your dream vacation?
I would absolutely love to go on a trip through Europe! I want to see Italy, France, Greece and Ireland.
4. Do you have a doppelgänger (look-alike)?
Not in my opinion, but I’ve been told that I look like a number of different actresses. I’ve gotten Winona Ryder, Jennifer Connelly, and Shailene Woodley (in her “Secret Life of the American Teenager) days. I’m super flattered by those comparisons, but I don’t really see it!
5. What is your favorite Disney movie?
I have to go with good old Toy Story.
6. What is the first thing you’d buy if you won the lottery?
Probably a beautiful apartment closer to my job. My commute right now is about 3 hours per day – ugh!
7. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
A Communication professor I had in college. He taught us all how to examine the world in a different way and really opened up our eyes to important world issues. I’m really grateful for that.
8. How many selfies do you have saved on your phone?
I just counted – 20 even. Most of them are from Instagram.
9. If you could live in a different era, what would it be?
Probably the early 1920’s – I’m a huge Great Gatsby and Downton Abbey fan!
10. Have you ever been in a car accident?
Yes, three actually. One of them was pretty scary and I had a concussion from it, but that was about 5 years ago.
11. What do you usually order at a restaurant?
It depends on the restaurant but I love steak!
Thanks again to the beautiful bloggers who nominated me! I’d like to nominate I Am Beauty Bee, Daily Makeup Blog, Her Tatooed Soul, Fate and the Fearless, Olivia’s Beauty Blog, Nourishing Eden, Makeup on a Tight Budget, Let Your Inner Beauty Shine, Sophie’s Blog, Little Miss Me Xo, and Beauty on a Beer Budget. I love your blogs and can’t wait to see more!
Your questions are:
- What did you/will you study in college?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- What’s your favorite skin care product?
- If you were a character from a TV show or movie, who would you be?
- Who is your biggest role model?
- Where is the farthest place you’ve traveled to?
- Coffee or tea?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- Do you have pets? If so, what are their names?
- If you watch beauty vloggers on Youtube, who is your favorite?